USCIS has announced the FY 2024 H-1B Cap Dates!
- Noon Eastern on February 21 – Registrants are able to create new accounts;
- March 1 – Representatives and Registrants can add beneficiary information;
- Noon Eastern on March 1 – Initial Registration Period Opens;
- Noon Eastern on March 17 - Initial Registration Period Ends;
- March 17 – Selection Notices are sent via users’ online accounts.
The number of registrations is again expected to exceed the annual cap and the number of available visas. If your registration is not chosen as part of the visa lottery, you may need to wait until next year to apply again, and you will not be able to begin work until FY 2025.
It is important to note that even if you are chosen in the H-1B visa lottery, it does not mean that you will be granted a visa. You must still go through the full application process, including labor certification. That is why it is important to seek the advice and guidance of an experienced immigration attorney.
If you are interested in applying for an H-1B cap or cap-exempt visa, contact the attorneys at The Scott Law Firm today!