Sakeena B. Naqvi was born in Philadelphia, PA and grew up in Canada. After obtaining a degree in Psychology and her legal degree from the University of Manitoba, Sakeena moved to New York. With a passion and personal interest in immigration, she started practicing Immigration and Nationality law. Sakeena worked at various immigration law firms in New York before joining the Scott Law Firm as an Associate in August 2022. Her primary areas of practice are employment-based and family-based immigration cases.
Sakeena is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the New York Westchester Women’s Bar Association. She is Co-Chair of their Professional Development Committee and runs the Women in Professional Transition Group, where she organizes programming to provide advice, services, and support to committee members.
In her spare time, Sakeena enjoys travelling, martial arts, reading, watching basketball, and time with family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Employment-based Immigration
Legal Community Associations
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Chair of Westchester Women’s Bar Association – Women in Professional Development Project
- New York State Bar Association
- LLB – University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – University of Manitoba