James A. Spokes is Partner at The Scott Law Firm, LLC in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. His primary practice is in the area of criminal defense in both state and federal courts throughout the State of Louisiana, with a specialization in representing non-citizen defendants facing potential immigration consequences.
Additionally, he serves on the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel in the Middle District of Louisiana and he also practices in the areas of personal injury and immigration.
Mr. Spokes is a member of many professional organizations including The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The American Immigration Lawyers Association, The Louisiana Association for Justice, and The Baton Rouge Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
He received his J.D. in 2011 from Louisiana State University School of Law and is a member of the Louisiana Bar.
As a proud resident of Baton Rouge since 2003, Mr. Spokes has established and maintained many ties within the Baton Rouge community. Mr. Spokes is passionate in his representation of clients and understands their needs and concerns.
- Immigration Law and Crimes: a View from Both Sides" - Louisiana State Bar Association. April 2018, New Orleans, LA.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
Received Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and a Diploma in Civil Law (D.C.L.)
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Received a Bachelors of Science in Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar for Criminal Justice
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The Louisiana Association for Justice
- The Baton Rouge Criminal Defense Lawyers Association