Paul "Woody" Scott
Baton Rouge Office
Siegen Lane, Suite 603
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Paul "Woody" Scott is passionate in his representation of clients. Mr. Scott founded The Scott Law Firm and practices in immigration law, deportation and removal defense, criminal defense, and Federal Criminal and Immigration Litigation.
Mr. Scott was born in a small hospital in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. At two years old he and his mother moved to the New Orleans, Louisiana, area where he was raised. After he graduated from Archbishop Rummel High School in Metairie, he moved to Baton Rouge where he attended Louisiana State University to obtain his bachelor degree. He went on to receive his Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Civil Law from the LSU Paul H. Hebert Law School.
During his studies, Mr. Scott performed extensive travel and study of Latin America and the Latin American Legal Systems. Fluent in Spanish, he spent a semester of law school studying at the prestigious Universidad Austral Facultad de los Derechos located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Throughout his life, Mr. Scott has watched family and friends work themselves through the complex immigration system. For that reason, he is intimately familiar with the immigration processes and serves his clients with a sense of passion.
As a Baton Rouge immigration lawyer Mr. Scott provides legal services in the areas of Immigration and Nationality Law, International Law, Family Law, Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury. Mr. Scott is a regular guest on Radio Amor, 91.9 FM where he answers the questions of Spanish speaking community.
- Founder of The Scott Law Firm, LLC
- Jeri Flynn & Associates APLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Associate Attorney
Practiced all areas of immigration and international law and criminal defense
- Legal Orientation Program, Jena, Louisiana - Contract Attorney
Give monthly legal information sessions to detainees awaiting immigration court in LaSalle Detention Center in both English and Spanish
- Raising the Bar Foundation - Contributing Writer
Contributed to the writing of a handbook addressing immigration consequences for Louisiana criminal defense attorney's representing immigrants charged with crimes in both federal and state courts.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
Received a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and a Bachelors in Civil Law (B.C.L.)
- Universidad Austral, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Studied post-graduate law
Studied and researched legal systems of international law and Latin America
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Received a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science with a concentration on International Relations
- Trinity University, Dublin, Ireland
Studied international politics
- Regular guest on Radio Amor - 91.9FM
- The Guatemala Genocide Cases:Universal Jurisdiction and Its Limits. 9 Chi-Kent J. Int’l &Comp. L. 100.
Mr. Scott has been featured in the book "Solo by Choice, The Companion Guide: 34 Questions that Could Transform Your Legal Career," by Carolyn Elefant. He has also been profiled by Clio, a practice management company.
Mr. Scott is fluent in both Spanish and English
- Admitted to practice in all Louisiana state and municipal courts
- Admitted to the Federal Western and Middle District Courts of Louisiana
- Admitted to practice in all immigration courts nationwide
- Louisiana Hispanic Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA)
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- National Immigration Project
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- Deportation and Removal Defense
- Family Based Immigration
- Permanent Resident Status (Green Card)
- Criminal Defense
- All Misdemeanors and Felonies
- Post Conviction Relief
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents