James A. Spokes
James A. Spokes is Partner at The Scott Law Firm, LLC in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
His primary practice is in the area of criminal defense in both state
and federal courts throughout the State of Louisiana, with a specialization
in representing non-citizen defendants facing potential immigration consequences.
Additionally, he serves on the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel in the
Middle District of Louisiana and he also practices in the areas of personal
injury and immigration.
Mr. Spokes is a member of many professional organizations including The
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Louisiana Association
of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The American Immigration Lawyers Association,
The Louisiana Association for Justice, and The Baton Rouge Criminal Defense
He received his J.D. in 2011 from Louisiana State University School of
Law and is a member of the Louisiana Bar.
As a proud resident of Baton Rouge since 2003, Mr. Spokes has established
and maintained many ties within the Baton Rouge community. Mr. Spokes
is passionate in his representation of clients and understands their needs
If you would like to speak with Mr. Spokes regarding a legal matter or
case, please contact him at 225-400-9976 or call the office to set up
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
Received Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and a Diploma in Civil Law (D.C.L.)
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Received a Bachelors of Science in Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar for Criminal Justice
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The Louisiana Association for Justice
- The Baton Rouge Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.